The first International Conference on Space Education "The Road to Space" will be held from 5 to 8 October 2021 at the Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
- Conference format: hybrid, with some presentations given online via Zoom, livestreamed on YouTube launch. We will keep you informed about any changes, which may happen pending on overall situation in October.
- Languages: Russian and English.
- There is no registration fee to attend the conference.
Please, register for participation in the Conference on the Conference's website. The registration and abstract submission opens on April 19 and closes on September 15, 2021 (inclusive).
The decision on the acceptance of the abstract will be made by September 15, 2021.
All accepted abstracts will be published. After the Conference, the selected works will be published as the proceedings of the Conference.
The Conference's sections:
- Space education and space exploration: from nanosats to manned stations
- Spacecraft for science and education. Small satellites
- ISS for space education: experience and prospects
- Roscosmos: programs for professional training
- Government and business interaction in pre-professional space education
- International cooperation in space education
- Specialized departments and university laboratories
- Space education for middle and high school: astronomy groups and lessons
- Public outreach with mass media
- Mobility in space education
- Electronic and distant formats in space education
- History of space education and space museums
- Programs for space law in Russian universities
For any enquiries, please, contact LOC by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts must be submitted online via the Conference website only. Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
Only registered participants can submit an abstract. Please, log into your account for abstract submission. Registered participant, whose account was used to submit a presentation, will be the deemed speaker (presenting author).
After login, participants will have access to additional options – “Submit an abstract” and “Your abstracts” on the “Participation” page. On “Your abstracts” page, you can check and edit your presentations that have already been submitted.
Abstract files (no more than 5 pages) should be prepared in the Microsoft Word editor without formulas and figures.
Page and text parameters:
- Paper size – A4 (210mm x 297mm);
- Top margin – 20 mm;
- Bottom margin – 20 mm;
- Left margin – 20 mm;
- Right margin – 20 mm;
- Font – Times New Roman;
- Line spacing – single;
- Main font size – 12 pt.;
- Alignment – Justified
The title of the abstract should be indicated at the top (in bold capital letters), one line after – last names and initials of the authors (in bold, the speaker should be underlined), the name of the organization and the e-mail address of the speaker should be indicated one line after (in italics), next, the names of the organizations of the co-authors.
We suggest that you download the Sample Abstract template and use it when creating your Abstract file. It is advisable to save a file with a name starting with the speaker's last name, for example, smith-solarwind.doc. Non-latin characters in the filename will be automatically transliterated and spaces and punctuation characters will be replaced with the Underscore symbol (
Abstracts, which do not comply with the above guidelines or submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.
Please, note that for the hybrid conference it is necessary that all participants download their presentations on the web site and give their permission for distribution of the presentations. Detailed information on the procedure will follow later.